(July 12, 2016)
The Tulsa Zoo is a popular destination when it comes to capturing Pokémon. We wanted to share a few friendly reminders if you plan to play Pokémon GO at our zoo.
- General admission is required for all guests, even those just looking to add to their Pokédex.
- Guests are not allowed to access restricted areas under any circumstances. Guests who violate this policy will be asked to leave.
- The Tulsa Zoo doesn’t offer WiFi for guests.
- There are several PokéStops and gyms located across the zoo. Additional hints below.
- Mohawk Park Sign
- Tiger sculpture at the entry
- Entry sign
- Located right off Chickasaw Drive
- WALTZ 2014 penguin
- This stop is no longer located in the listed area. However, you can find this PokéStop near the globe.
- Crane Depot Train Station
- WildLIFE Trek sign near Life in the Cold
- Life in the Forest sign
- Life in the Water (located near the seahorses)
- Stone cat
- You won’t find a stone cat, but you can locate this PokeStop on the ramp in front of Life in the Water.
- Helmerich Foundation plaque
- This PokéStop is located on the path to the Sensory Garden.
- Sensory Garden
- Elephant exhibit
- Elephant sculpture inside the Lost Kingdom: Elephant Interpretive Center
- Zoorassic Park 2
- This PokéStop shows a dinosaur from our temporary exhibit, Zoorassic Park 2, which ended in 2015. The actual location of this PokéStop is in the former Zoorassic Park area, which is across from ONEOK Base Camp.
- Children’s Zoo wagon
- Kangaroo exhibit
- Wood sculpture outside the Grille
- Koi sculpture
- Penguin statue near tigers
- This PokéStop shows a penguin that is no longer located in the listed area. However, you can find this PokéStop near the tiger habitat.
- A. Chapman Event Lodge
- Rhino Reserve
- Rhino statue
- Tortoise sculpture near the Aldabra tortoise habitat.
- Lang Habitat Gardens,
- This PokéStop is located near the Aldabra tortoise habitat.
- Zoofari 2000 brick
- Helmerich Sea Lion Cove
- Sea Lion Train Station
- The PokéStop, “Art a Tulsa Zoo,” shows our former Trunk Stop concession stand. This building no longer exists and this area is currently under construction. Guests are not authorized to enter this construction area, so do not make any attempt to access this PokéStop. Violators will be asked to leave.
- The PokéStop, “The Frog,” shows a sculpture that no longer exists. This stop is in a staff-only area and guests are not authorized to enter. Do not make any attempt to access this PokéStop. Violators will be asked to leave.
There are four gyms located in the following areas:
- Near the eagle habitat
- Rainforest Plaza
- Conservation Center
- Near the meerkat habitat