Join us for our Pollinator Plant Sale every Saturday and Sunday in May, 2016 at the zoo’s gift shop, Meerkat Market. You can purchase various plant species for your garden at home, so you can attract pollinator species. Pollinators, such as butterflies, hummingbirds, bees, are extremely important to the well-being of many plants and crops, so it’s important to provide them with necessary resources.
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays during the month of May, 2016.
- Outside the main gift shop, Meerkat Market, at the zoo’s entrance.
- All plants are in 2.5″ pots and will be sold for $3.50 each (member and employee discounts do not apply)
- A specific quantity of each plant will be available for sale each weekend and when that quantity is sold there will be no more available until the next weekend.
- Plants will not be held for customers during their visit to the zoo.
- All plants may be planted in full sun locations and almost all require very little watering after becoming established.
- Swamp Milkweed
- Showy Milkweed
- Yellow Bloodflower
- Purple Coneflower
- New England Aster
- Bee Balm
- Autumn Sage
Check out the Tulsa Monarch Initiative brochure to learn about local efforts to make Tulsa a Monarch City.